Helping consumers find reliable answers to their credit questions has been the theme of Gerri Detweiler’s work for the past 20+ years. Currently Head of Market Education for Nav, she helps individuals and business owners navigate the confusing world of consumer and small business credit.
As an expert on credit issues, she has been interviewed for more than 3000 news interviews including The Today Show, Dateline NBC, The New York Times, USA Today and Reader’s Digest. She has also testified before Congress.
As a speaker, she has addressed both consumer and industry audiences nationwide. She was a featured speaker in an 18-city speaking tour sponsored by a major financial institution, and a multi-city speaking tour at Air Force bases.
As an educator, she is the author or co-author of six books:
- Finance Your Own Business: Get On The Financing Fast Track, co-authored with small business attorney and Rich Dad Advisor Garrett Sutton (SuccessDNA 2016)
- Debt Collection Answers: How to Use Debt Collection Laws to Protect Your Rights (2009)
- Reduce Debt, Reduce Stress (Good Advice Press 2009)
- The Ultimate Credit Handbook (Plume, 1993, revised 2003), which was featured in Money magazine as one of the five best new personal finance books of the year when released.
- Invest In Yourself: Six Secrets to a Rich Life (Wiley, October 1998)
- Slash Your Debt: Save Money & Secure Your Future (Financial Literacy Center, 1999).
For three years, she was the host of a weekly radio program Talk Credit Radio. Podcasts of many of the episodes are available on this website and on iTunes.
Gerri reaches thousands of consumers each month through these websites, as well as numerous others to which she contributes content. (She contributes to several websites including Money.com, Clark.com and AllBusiness.com.) She also hosted a weekly financial radio show and several hundred of her interviews are still available for consumers to listen to online.
Gerri holds a B.A. in International Business/Political Affairs from Taylor University, and an M.A. in Adult Education/ Psychology from Vermont College.
Visit https://www.gerridetweiler.com/about-Gerri-Detweiler.html for more information.