Renowned clinical psychologist, international bestselling author of the Self-Coaching series, and author the forthcoming book, Thin From Within: The Powerful Self-Coaching Program for Permanent Weight Loss (AMACOM; January 1, 2016,), Dr. Joseph Luciani understands why people struggle to lose weight and keep it off. Throughout his forty-year career, he’s helped patients deal with, not only the emotional struggles of anxiety and depression, but with the emotional first-aid that many who struggle with every day stress seek from comfort food. Expanding his Self-Coaching program to include the psychology of weight loss and weight mastery, his revolutionary Self-Coaching insights, along with his simple 3-step technique of Self-Talk, can readily be applied to handling, not only the role that emotions play in destructive eating, but in building the self-trust and confidence necessary to handle the unique challenges of winning the war of calories.
“I wrote Thin From Within for two reasons,” says Dr. Joe. “The first had to do with curiosity. I wanted to know why having good intentions simply isn’t enough when it comes to changing destructive eating habits. Why seemingly disciplined women and men can successfully manage every other aspect of their lives, and yet when it comes to destructive eating, they appear helpless and lost. The second reason was because I wanted to share what I’ve learned from my own emotional struggle with food. Because of a blockage in one of my arteries, I was given the option of surgery or changing my lifestyle. To me this was a no-brainer. After considerable research, I chose a vegan lifestyle—no meat, chicken, eggs, or dairy. I also eliminated salty, fatty, and sweet snack food. Phew! Believe me, I now know the importance of mind over mouth!”
Bringing extensive knowledge, a relatable personality, and first-hand experience, Dr. Joe has immediate availability for interviews and commentary leading up to the release of Thin From Within, during which he can discuss how to:
● Eliminate Self-Sabotage: Offering simple yet effective ways to break the cycle of sabotaging behaviors while building the “self-discipline muscle”
● Eliminate Obstacles to Long-Term Weight Mastery: Neutralizing three enemies (Adverse Circumstances, Harmful Emotions, and Destructive Habits) to weight loss and weight mastery
● Eliminate Faulty Perceptions: Demonstrating that losing weight and weight mastery has more to do with your mind than your mouth
● Eliminate Food Cravings and Compulsions: Providing a simple, 3-step technique called Self-Talk, which is capable of breaking the knee-jerk, anesthetizing lure of go-to comfort food
● Eliminate Destructive Habits: Replacing the faulty thinking associated with destructive habits with corrected, healthy, fact-based thinking and awareness
About the Author:
JOSEPH J. LUCIANI, PH.D., is a practicing clinical psychologist and author of the internationally bestselling Self-Coaching and The Power of Self-Coaching. An in-demand speaker and expert, Dr. Luciani is featured frequently in major media, including MSNBC, CNBC, Hallmark Channel, Discovery Channel, NPR, USA Today, Cosmopolitan, Redbook, Fitness, Health, Shape, and O, The Oprah Magazine.
Visit Dr. Joseph Luciani for more information.