Lori Mathios is a dedicated development professional with more than 11 years of experience managing a multitude of channels including individual (transformational, major & medium gifts) corporate, family foundations, community/affinity groups, grateful patient and employee giving. Outstanding relationship-building skills and stewardship techniques that engage and move donors up the philanthropic pyramid.
• Developed relationship with transformational donor which resulted in two large-scale philanthropic projects in a three year period.
• Developed relationship with major donor that resulted in a $1M gift in an 18-month period.
• Work with various third-party affinity groups who raise $10,000+ annually for the Hospital.
• Have identified 15 Legacy Circle Members (Planned Giving) for the Hospital
• Launched first-ever employee campaign in collaboration with United Way and exceeded goal by 50% the first year. The second year realized a 20% increase in monetary donations and a 36% increase in donors.
• Consistently reach and exceed FYE metric goals that result in annual management compensation bonus.
• Work as a spokesperson for Hospital by appearing on television, radio and speaking to large groups.
• Spoke at recent Woodmark Mid-Winter Conference, sharing best practices in e-philanthropy.
• Develop and implement yearly business plan with timelines and FYE metric goals.
• Work closely with major and medium gift donors; soliciting gifts, introducing planned giving and engaging in various stewardship activities.
• Oversee Annual Giving program; includes direct mail, e-philanthropy, telemarketing, Crowd Funding, Employee Giving and Grateful Patient program. Analyze and evaluate response rates, average gift amounts, cost per dollar raised and donor trends.
• Provide Hospital tours to corporate, community and individual donors. Brainstorm fundraising ideas that suit the needs of the donor.
• Build and maintain relationships with donors, patient families, physicians, employees and volunteers to meet fundraising goals and objectives and create advocacy for Hospital.
• Create weekly contact reports utilizing Raiser’s Edge.