As an orthopaedic joint surgeon, Dr. Peyton gives patients the opportunity to run again, walk again, and enjoy their lives again. I have heard, read, and seen testimony after testimony of his talented work. You can read one story here,
Dr. Peyton has distinguished himself in the field of orthopaedics and is considered both a leader and a pioneer in many respects. He has helped to advance the field of orthopaedics, provided the most state-of-the art care for our patients :
* Designing the “Simplified Tensor” for Total Knee Arthroplasties (TKA).
* First in the Northern Virginia/DC Metropolitan Area to implant the
Oxford Unicompartmental Knee.
* First in the world to implant the Biomet Taperloc Microplasty Stem.
* Assisting in the design of the Biomet Taperloc Total Hip System.
* Exploring Metal on Metal Articular bearings for Total Hip Replacement.
* He is the first to perform bilateral hip replacement in Northern Virginia.
* Teaching other orthopaedic surgeons ACL reconstruction utilizing hamstring tendons.
* Advocating cartilage manipulation to delay joint replacement.
He inspires others to work harder every day. Not only is is a great business man, but he balances his family and busy successful practice, always making time for his family.
Lastly, he takes time to give back to the community, supporting many charitable organizations over the years. He has sponored the Arthritis Foundation for over 7 years now. This past year we started a “Donate-and-Wear-Denim-Day” where every first friday of the month we donate to one local charity and in return our employees get to wear
jeans to the office. Here’s a link with more information.